Wednesday, April 23, 2008

AWESOME APRIL WEEKEND

Tim and I had the best time in Rexburg on April 3-6. On the 3rd we went to the Men's and Women's Choir Concert. They performed in celebration of the new Rexburg Temple. It was truly inspirational. Kayla sang with the Women's choir. Brian directed the Men's Choir. The music was beautiful and uplifting.

I'm always amazed at what Brian is able to accomplish with the Men's Choir. He does such a great job conducting. That concert may have been Kayla's last one (we hope not) so it was a little bittersweet. We have so enjoyed watching her perform all of these years. We look forward to a lifetime of watching Brian perform.

On Friday we had the pleasure of attending Brian's Senior Voice Recital. I truly do not have the words to express how wonderful that was. I'm usually not at a loss for words so this was really something. He totally blew me away once again. He has such a beautiful voice and watching him was so entertaining. Just awesome.

I have decided that it is a good thing that Kayla fell in love with Brian before she discovered all of these wonderful things about him. She just loves him for the man he is. Everything else is a bonus.

After the concert on Friday we went to Brian's "adopted" grandparents house and had dinner and visiting. It was so fun.

One of the highlights of the whole trip was getting to spend time with Brian's parents JC and Sandi. We love them! They are two of the best people I have ever met. Tim and I sat with them at the concert on Thursday, and spent a few hours with them on Friday. We folded Brian's recital programs, discussed the wedding and went to lunch. The only bad part was that it ended too soon.

On Saturday we went to conference with Brian and Kayla. In between conference sessions we went to a fun little diner to eat. They have really long french fries.That night Brian went to the Priesthood session of conference with Tim. Kayla and I accomplished some things she was needing to get done. Later on that night I just hung around Kayla's apartment and enjoyed being with her and Brian. It is pretty fun to just listen to them and observe them. I loved every minute of it. It's always hard to say goodbye so I am always looking forward to the next time I'll get to spend some time with them.

No comments: