Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THE RECEPTION

After a delicious luncheon at Magleby's we headed over to Wadley Farms for the reception. Many people commented that it was like entering a fairytale. Kayla's colors were Dark red, dusty pink, ivory and sage green. It was truly beautiful.


We heard that it was the hottest day of the year. That is better than the rain storm that hit the very next day! We just had a lot of cold drinks and enjoyed every minute.





Kaitlyn, Lydia, Mallory and Caroline loved being a part of the fairytale.

All of the niece's were the little "flower girls." I think they all felt like princesses at the ball. They looked so pretty in their green dresses. Kayla is holding Maerik who is Brian's precious little niece.


Kaitlyn and Lydia love their Aunt Kayla so much!



It was so fun to have so many little nephews (and three older ones not in this picture). They were the life of the party. It was fun to see them running around and playing together through the entire reception.


Ty and Suzi were now the "old married" couple. Having done this 3 months before, they were now old hands at it.







I really like this picture of Brian and his awesome dad JC. I'm sure JC is either telling Brian a joke or giving him some good advice. He's really great at doing both!





This is Brian's mom Sandi. He loves her so much! She is so blessed to have a son who cherishes her like he does. I am glad she is my special friend. I have so much fun with her when we are together.





I am so blessed to have such a special daughter. I am so thankful for all the special memories that we will have of this day.



It isn't easy for this dad to have his little "shoe" grow up and get married.


THE SALISBURY FAMILY



This picture is interesting. Half of us know to be silly and the other half is oblivious. How does this happen?


THE COOK FAMILY


For refreshements we served raspberry rolls and cinnamon twist rolls from Shirley's bakery along with strawberries, green grapes, mixed nuts and a cold drink. We wanted something different and a little old fashioned. We got lots of compliments so I guess it was good. The thing about a reception is you don't really get to experience all of it while you are standing in line. You can only hope it turns out like you'd like.


These two little girls love each other so much. I'm so glad they both came to our family so that we could love and enjoy them and they could have each other.

Brian and Kayla spent two hours greeting guests. The line was steady all night long.




After greeting their guests they cut their cake, danced with their parents and had their first dance as husband and wife. Then they were off to their honeymoon.





One week later we were blessed to have them meet up with us at Fishlake at the tail end of their honeymoon. It was fun to spend that relaxing time with them after all the festivites and planning of the previous weeks.

We went fishing, played games, ate and visited Capital Reef where we went hiking.


No comments: