Yesterday was Parker's primary program at church. He was so cute up there saying his part and singing his songs. When a person who was sitting in front of me would move and make it harder for me to see Parker, he would shift or stand on his tiptoes or stretch up his neck to make sure I could see him. It was pretty fun knowing that he was so aware of how badly I wanted to watch him up there. (I remember Ty and Kayla doing the same thing. Even in choir in high school they would shift a little to one side or the other so I had a good view of them).
Even though I get to be a mom of a primary child longer than most I know I am going to miss it terribly when Parker turns 12.
Yesterday brought back a fun memory for me. When Parker was 3 years old he had his very first part in a primary program. He even memorized it! We were so excited to see his first reaction to speaking in the microphone. His teacher sat with him on the front row in the chapel and I was sitting off to the side of him a little bit. Just as it was time for his class to go up to the pulpit and say their parts, his teacher turned and looked at me with a horrified look on her face. She grabbed Parker and turned him toward me. He had a bloody nose! Oh no!! I grabbed him and ran with him down the hallway and into the bathroom. I shoved a piece of toilet paper up his nose and sponged the blood off of his white shirt. I got the nose to quit bleeding and then grabbed him and ran him up to the pulpit just in time for him to say his part. When Sacrament Meeting was over the ward organist, Nora Larson, (who had witnessed the whole thing) came up to me and said, "Good save MOM!" For a minute I felt like I'd made the winning touchdown. I have come to realize that quick thinking and being fast on our feet can serve us in many areas of our lives :) .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Mom this happened in November...it is now April. Posting on the blog is an easy way to release unwanted stress.
Maybe you should do a post focused on your Text Twist high score and how you got there...you know the training you went through to achieve such high marks on such a hard game.
Love you
Tyrel
Just wanted to let you know that we still check your blog every so often to see if there's an update. We love you!
Post a Comment