
Did you know that the Green Skull can also dance? Here he is showing me some of his better moves.
This is how the Green Skull looks in his classroom.
Okay, there's my cute Parker. He was getting excited for his costume parade but he didn't know whether to leave his mask on or take it off.

And here I am taking a picture of the Green Skull at my 29th annual Halloween Costume Parade. I have been going to one of my children's school for the past 29 years, starting in Clint's preschool. I have five more years to go. 34 consecutive years of elementary school Halloween with my own children.......I wonder if that will be a record?

So, Rachel had a lot of ideas of how she wanted to dress up for the holiday. Her first choice was Gazelle (she swears that is how it is spelled - but I know that is an animal) from the movie Enchanted. She wanted to wear Amy's wedding dress to school!!! That's a pretty expensive Halloween costume. She eventually changed her mind and decided to be a retro 80s girl.

"Let's get physical, physical....let's get into physical....let me hear your body talk, your body talk...." (I'm hoping everybody knows where that is from and that they don't think I'm just weird)


Every Halloween the kids come home and pour their "loot" onto the floor so they can have a good look at it. We went trick or treating down at the city park where all of the businesses, the fire dept, the police dept, etc were giving out treats. Johnny Depp was there, Rachel swears he was. Or at least Captain Jack Sparrow was. I actually seen him walking around town so I have to agree with her.
We then went to our ward "trunk or treat" but instead of at the church, we do it around the park here by our house. Everyone came and parked their cars and decorated their trunks. It was really fun. There were prizes for costumes and the best trunk decorations. We had the Boar head in our trunk, we didn't win but the bishop did take a picture. Tim and I were standing by our trunk so we weren't down where they were giving out the awards. After awhile Parker came running by us and said, "Oh yeah, I won something" and he threw a bag into the trunk next to me. Apparently the bishop wanted to give a prize to the best skeleton and he gave it to Parker. He got a Secret of Nimh DVD, a coloring book, some popcorn and a rootbeer.
After we went to trunk or treat Tim took Parker and Isaac for more trick or treating on a four wheeler. They had a great time! I'm just glad it is all over for another year.





1 comment:
Rachel I love your costume. Way to cute. Parker that is the scariest costume ever. Love you guys.
Post a Comment